Himachal Pradesh State Judicial Services
- Phase 1 – Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services Prelims examination is of objective type.
- Phase 2 – Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services Mains exam is of written type.
- Phase 3 – Himachal Pradesh Judicial Services Interview
PHASE 1 – PRELIMINARY EXAMINATION
Three papers of 100 marks each will make up the preliminary examination, which will be of the objective variety. The following is the syllabus for the preliminary examination:
- CIVIL LAW I
- CIVIL LAW II
- CRIMINAL LAW
Each paper shall be of one-hour duration and the examination of all three papers will be on the same day. The syllabus for preliminary examination shall be the same as provided for Paper 1 – 3 of the mains examination.
PHASE 2 – MAINS EXAMINATION
PAPER I – CIVIL LAW I (200 MARKS)
- Code of Civil Procedure
- Indian Evidence Act
- Indian Stamp Act
- Himachal Pradesh Courts Act, 1976
- Specific Relief Act
PAPER-II – CIVIL LAW II (200 MARKS)
- Indian Contract Act
- Hindu Law
- Indian Limitation Act
- Transfer of Property Act
- H.P. Urban Rent Control Act.
PAPER III – CRIMINAL LAW (200 MARKS)
- Indian Penal Code
- Criminal Procedure Code
- Chapter — XVII (sections 138 to 143) of the Negotiable Instruments Act
- H.P. Excise Act-2011 as Applicable to the State of H.P.
- Wild Life Protection Act and Indian Forest Act.
PAPER IV – ENGLISH COMPOSITION (150 MARKS)
A Choice from three Essays on General Subjects.
- ESSAY: 100 Marks
- Translation of Hindi Passage into English: 50 Marks
PAPER V – LANGUAGE (100 MARKS)
Hindi (in Devnagri Script); no books prescribed. The paper of Hindi will comprise of the following:
- Translation of English passage into Hindi (30 marks)
- Essay in Hindi on any topic out of three (50 marks)
- Composition (idioms and corrections etc.) (20 marks)